Serves 5-6 people
- 4-6 Bell Kenya Bold Tea bags or 8 red bush tea bags (spice variety is good too)
- 2 cups water
- Pinch white pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamom powder (optional – expensive)
- 2-3 inch slice of ginger root (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger powder (or to your taste)
- 1 package soy or cow’s milk.
- Sweetener of choice – honey, maple syrup, organic cane sugar, jaggary
- OR USE AMBERS WONDER FUL CHAI POWDER – a ready mix that is delicious and can be purchased at Harvest Health Foods Store Grey Lynn.
- Bring water to boil, add tea bags, ginger root and spices and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add milk and bring to boil.
- Add sweetener.
(Image credit: DraconianRain, Flickr)